Ok, the time has come to announce how many pennies.
The answer is not as much as most of you guessed. I wish we had $650 as Leah guessed. I would have been happy with $180 like Ashley was thinking.
We took them to a coin counter at Fry's. The door greeter helped us get started and shared a story of a couple who had been saving for many many years. They cashed them in and walked away with over $1100. They paid for a cruise with their money. Unfortuately, we're not going on a cruise with our savings.
I spoke to another couple who scraped up enough to help with a downpayment on their first home. Unfortunately, there's no down payment in the amount we collected.
For 14 years, we accumulated: 7675 pennies. Kylie guessed the closest.
So when we're given the opportunity to share stories of what we did with our loose change, we can say; "We scrounged up enough money to take the kids to dinner on Valentines day."
Wednesday, February 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thanks Doug for the update. You guys must of had a good Valentine's Day with all that money.
I was way off! I would have guessed higher, but my mom's vote swayed me.
Post a Comment